Painterly Votive


I simply love this idea. I admit that when Emily from Once Wed stopped by to pick up a few things from my studio, I was surprised that she wanted my manky old brush cup. She saw the beauty of it. What a great example of how smart she is! (Her adorable photographer was with her, but I don't remember her name, just that she was the cutes preggers lady ever!)


"The glass Michelle uses to clean her brushes inspired us to paint the insides of these votives for some colorful candlelight. They couldn’t be easier to make. Pick up a case of glass votives from your nearest floral wholesaler or local Target. Scribble watery paint on the inside of clear glass candleholders and don’t try too hard…if you mess with them too much you’ll just make brown. If you’re having a hard time with this project you may need some more wine to help you loosen up. ;) When they’re dry, plunk in a votive. Done!"


What a great idea for a wedding! You could have little paintings for everyone, or for your table numbers, could use some abstract decoration on your place cards...Why didn't I think of this for my wedding? Jeeze

Comments

  1. What a ridiculously good idea. The simplest are the best, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the F outa here!! Those are actually very-very pretty. If you'd have described this to me without the photo I would been all " stfu Michelle- you're drunk again aren't you?" And they're super cute next to your painting. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, and unexpected. What a great way to see how your art inspires others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tellin ya. I am just loving seeing your work paired with all those beautiful flowers. Those votives really are a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow...stunning!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius. What an awesome partnership of two very inspirational blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your artwork is FANTASTIC with those flowers!! Must paint my clear votives stat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful idea and so beautiful! happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice and beautiful specially the colors combination are just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these are gorgeous! What a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just absolutely, utterly breathtakingly beautiful ...everything really.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmm....this is just my two cents, but have you ever thought about designing fabrics at Spoonflower? I would absolutely KILL for a cotton voile in one of your colorful jumbles, and I would make a dress out of it and then just die happy. You are so unbelievably gifted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, just saw you were featured on This Is Glamorous-- congratulations!
    xx, {with fingers crossed}

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, you did good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The candle holders are very unique and simply beautiful. They suites well in a place with full of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. AnonymousJune 26, 2011

    Fabulous easy idea & looks fantastic, love your paintings as well. Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I was your last anonymous post, still a learner blogger but I think I have it sorted now!! Love your Blog! Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shut the front door! Love those to death....I am sure mine will end up brown....will try the wine first.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In your first home and painting up a storm- what a lovely place to be

    ReplyDelete
  20. it really touched me. Nice article you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about that topic. Keep it up. I'm going to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great post and makes me think of where I can fit in. I do a little bit of everything mentioned here and I guess I have to find my competitive advantage. i love flowers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay! Your gonna reach out to me! I am so excited. I have tried to make commenting here easy for both of us. So please try your hardest to read the squiggly letters so I can chat with you.

Popular Posts